Monday, April 20, 2009

A video and a recipe!

Here is a little video from lastnight. I forgot to post it with my last post.


And this is a recipe I made Friday night. It's salsa chicken. Cole said he loved it. He went on and on about how good it was. I thought it was really good, but didn't love it. I definitely recommend it because it is SO easy and doesn't call for many ingredients.

CROCKPOT SALSA CHICKEN
from http://lovestoeat.wordpress.com/

-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1 cup of salsa
-1 package taco seasoning
-1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed) or cream of chicken soup(I used cream of chicken)
-1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions:
Add chicken to crockpot.
Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
Mix salsa and soup; pour over chicken.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
At this point after the chicken is cooked, shred it with a fork (it's so easy, it just falls apart)
Stir in sour cream and then serve.

*I tried it with both rice and tortillas. I definitely recommend tortillas. In my opinion I think it makes really good chicken meat for fajitas so next time I will eat it in a tortilla with sour cream, guac., cheese and salsa. It would be awesome like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment