Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm baaaack!!! (for now)

Wow, it's been a REALLY long time since I've been on here. I got on to look for a recipe and realized that it was kind of fun catching up on some of the things I had forgotten about. I need to keep up with this a little better, even if it's just a couple of times a month. I had even forgotten my password!

There is no way to even begin to summarize the last year, partly because it would take too long, but mainly because I have a bad memory. Lots has happened, but one thing has stayed the same...Cole, Garrett and I are doing great and really enjoying our time together as a little family. It's hard to believe, but Garrett will be 2...T-W-O, in about 4 months!!! Time flies and he is just getting more and more fun. Along with the fun though, have come the tantrums and throwing fits, hence us having to leave Mother's Day lunch yesterday at Baja Grill a little early. But it is all well worth it, he is turning into such a fun and sweet little boy. Earlier today he had a giggling fit and couldn't stop laughing. I could just look at him and he would bust out laughing. He even snorted! It's moments like these that I love, and make even the hard times very well worth it.

A couple of professional pictures we had done back in November 2009...




And of course I have to post a recipe. It's only been a year! Haha. The one I am going to post is actually the one I came on here to look for. I could have sworn I had posted it before. I am going to make it at some point this week. I grew up eating this meal and have ALWAYS loved it. It really is very good and easy. Nothing beats easy in my opinion. I'm all about quick and simple! FYI: I got this recipe off of a blog, although this is identical to how my mom makes it.

Buttermilk Chicken
from: http://www.vintagevictuals.com/

2-3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cleaned
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
4 tablespoons butter
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Dip chicken into 1/2 cup buttermilk. Roll in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Melt butter in 13×9x2″ pan. Put chicken in pan. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Turn each chicken breast over and bake for 15 more minutes.

Blend remaining 1 cup buttermilk and soup and pour over the chicken. Bake 15 minutes more, until sauce is bubbly.

*I have always had this with rice. It's so good the way the rice soaks up the buttermilk sauce. I'm sure it would be good w/ mashed potatoes if you aren't a rice fan. I also double the gravy by doubling the butter, buttermilk and soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment