Thursday, May 13, 2010

I LOVE vacations!

I figured I might as well talk about my trips a little, while they are somewhat fresh on my mind. Like I have said in past posts, this is almost like a diary to me, so I like to reminisce and may get a little too detail oriented for your taste. So if I do I apologize, I just want to be able to look back on it. Enough about that!

I have been on 4 trips in the past year or so. One of them I already have a post about. So I will start with Cabo!

Place: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico Time: July 7-12, 2009. The people: Me, Cole, Kellie, Scott, Lance, Taylor, Sarah, Drew, Kaci and Juan.

We went to Cabo thanks to Taylor. She has friends of the family that have a timeshare. We stayed in a very nice resort. I think it's probably fair to say that it is probably the nicest I've stayed in thus far. Me, Cole, Kellie and Scott arrived in Cabo a few days after everyone else. I didn't want to have to leave Garrett for too long. It was my first trip away and I just couldn't bare anymore than 5 nights away from him. The first night there we went to a restaurant called 'The Office.' It was on the beach and really fun. Good margaritas too! Although most every restaurant we ate at had good margaritas. And if you know me, you know my weakness for a good marg. I just can't get enough of them. Sorry, got a little sidetracked. After the restaurant we hiked to a place called 'Squid Roe.' It was a club type atmosphere. We had a good time dancing and hanging out there. The waiters were very interactive...VERY. Forgive me since it's almost been a year, I am a little foggy on details so I don't recall the order of some of the events. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think it will just be easier to summarize... There was lots of eating, lots of drinking, lots of laying out by the pool, lots of bar-hopping, and lots of great times. One of my favorite days was when Cole and I went into town and pretty much walked the entire place. Cole got a little frustrated w/ me because I kept saying I knew where we were going...I had no clue. But, after probably miles and miles of walking we finally got to the beach where all the little bars/restaurants were. We made a day of that and then Scott and Kellie met up with us while everyone else went on a sunset cruise. By the end of the night we were all together and went to a place called 'The Giggling Marlin' and then 'Cabo Wabo.' At some point we ended up eating tacos at some place where a guy had a wrestling mask on at 5 in the morning. Interesting night to say the least. I also can't forget to mention 'Gordo Lele's Taco Stand.' I was dead-set on going here due to the reviews I had read on trip advisor and I am so glad we did! The cab driver told us it was a "dirty place," which is never a good sign, esp. in Mexico. Anyways, it was just Cole and I and the place was literally a hole-in-the-wall. But man, they had awesome tacos! And he made me a fresh margarita too. My mouth is now watering. Did I mention Cole and I were the only ones in the restaurant? The cook and waiter pretty much sat there and stared at us the entire time we ate our meal. It didn't matter because those were the best tacos I have ever eaten!! So all in all, Cabo was awesome and I definitely want to go back! And thank you Taylor for inviting us! I'm hungry now, I'm going to go eat! I'll have to tell about my other trips in a later post. :)

A couple of pictures of us in Cabo...

No comments:

Post a Comment