Sunday, May 16, 2010

I LOVE vacations continued...

So in January I met up with my friend Ashlee and her boyfriend Jack for some drinks while she was in town. She mentioned something about me coming to stay with her in Los Angeles, I kind of shrugged it off at first, and then I started thinking "Why not???" So 3 weeks later I was L.A. bound!

I'll start off by saying that I've always had a slight interest in going to L.A. I am intrigued by Hollywood and all of the celebrity gossip. E! is one of my favorite channels after all. Pathetic, yes. Do I care? No. I'll just start off by saying that I didn't really have much of a clue on what to expect. Well, I had A FREAKING BLAST!! Ashlee showed me an awesome time! She was a great tour-guide. I'm trying to think of the best way to type this out, I guess this will have to do...

Thursday, Jan.28, 2010- I arrived in the early afternoon and the first thing we did was go eat. I think the place we went was called Jinky's, they had MASSIVE pancakes and chicken and apple sausage(sounds weird, but it's really good), it hit the spot! We then went to Ashlee's and unloaded all of my stuff and headed to Robertson Blvd. Let me just say, she was a great sport. She hardly ever went there, I think she said she had been once in the whole 5-6 years she's lived out there. Anyways, I had a great time just sight-seeing- which is a good thing because we sat in ALOT of traffic. We went through Mulholland Drive and Beverly Hills to get there. I loved Beverly Hills! We went to Kitson, walked past the Ivy, and looked in some other stores while on Robertson. It was fun. We then headed to The Grove. We didn't stay there long. Most of the stores they have there, we have here in TX so I wasn't real interested in shopping there. I just wanted to see this place since I read about it all the time in my US Weeklies. We then went back to her house to get ready for the night. We had reservations at Katsuya Hollywood. We got there and hung out at the bar area and each drank a lemondrop martini(so good!) while waiting for Ashlee's friend Callie to meet us. It was so funny seeing all of the paparazzi waiting outside for a chance to see a celebrity. We ate so good that night, one of the best meals I've ever had. We ordered 5 dishes and a bottle of wine between the 3 of us girls. 5 dishes sounds like alot, but it really wasn't much food. We had creamy rock shrimp, crispy rice w/ spicy tuna(my favorite by far!), Spicy Albacore Sashimi with Crispy Onion, Seared Albacore with Garlic Soy Lemon Butter and one other that I don't remember. Baked crab handroll maybe? And yes, I looked at the menu to remember. After dinner we met Ashlee's boyfriend Jack at his house. Just an FYI, Jack is the Jonas Bros. drummer and is Joe Jonas' roommate. The house was so nice, it was in the Hollywood Hills. Natalie Portman had actually just moved out of it. Anyways, we went there and had a glass of wine and then went to Bardot. It was a really fun, neat place. Derek Whibley from Sum 41 and Tyson Ritter from All-American rejects were there singing some covers. There was a girl there that was really good, probably actually my favorite performance, I just don't know her name. We were just hanging out and I was getting a chance to meet some of Ashlee's friends and what-not, and then all of the sudden Tyson Ritter was right behind us with his friends dancing. So we got a picture with him. He looked/acted a little out there. After that we went back to Jack's house and I got a chance to meet Joe Jonas. He was in his room on the computer with a girl. We went in there for a little while and talked and when we left the room Jack asked me if I knew who the girl was, I didn't. It ended up being one of The Veronicas. I'm not sure which one. They are really big in Australia. After that we called it a night.

Friday, Jan.29- We woke up, still wearing makeup from the previous night bc we stayed the night at Jack's and didn't have our things. Needless to say, I felt pretty "blah." Ashlee, Jack and I went to this little french restuarant and had brunch(chocolate and banana crepes for me). We then met Callie at Griffith Park and hiked up to the observatory. I was wearing Ashlee's clothes, including her shoes, which were super hard to hike up a steep hill in. They were digging into my ankles. It definitely made the hike much more difficult than it should have been. After that we went back to Ashlee's(I think. I might be leaving something out)and relaxed and just kind of hung out for a little bit. We got ready for the night, on the agenda... dinner at a mexican food restaurant called El Compandre and then Nick Jonas' show at The Wiltern. Before going to eat we stopped at the mall so Ashlee could get an outfit to wear the following night(performing w/ Kesha at Clive Davis' Grammy party) and we stopped into Arden B bc I decided I didn't like what I was wearing. Typical. I got a dress and then we went to this shoe store(forgot the name) and we both purchased some really uncomfortable shoes, but they were cute so it was totally worth it! Ashlee could probably deal with hers better than I did mine. I still have yet to wear mine since being home, but I do love them. Anyways, we hit the road and sat through traffic(we did this alot) and I changed clothes in the car. We had a nice little dinner which included flaming margaritas and then headed to The Wiltern. We were running a little late and of course at the worst time possible all of these bike riders, when I say bike I mean bicycles, came out of nowhere. We were stuck sitting at a light through like 3 light changes. They were never-ending and there were hundreds, heck it seemed like thousands! Haha. I was just kind of laughing about it, while Ashlee didn't seem to find it very amusing and began to honk at them. Turns out it was something like a midnight bike club. So finally we reach our destination. Jack wanted us to meet him in the backstage area to give us my pass, but we didn't know where it was so he had to come to the front. I now know why he wanted to meet us backstage. Girls were freaking out! Every one of them wanted their picture taken with him and Ashlee too. Even me at one point, I was like "I'm nobody, I promise." Haha. Finally we made into the auditorium. We sat with the Jonas Bros parents and little brother in the very back of the venue. We then went backstage and I met all of the Bros and a bunch of Disney people. I didn't know who most of them were. Kevin's wife, Danielle is tiny. I never thought she looked too small in magazines or anything, but she is super small in person. And Chelsea Staub(on their Disney show) is tiny as well, unlike she looks on TV. I know that shouldn't be relevant, but it just shows that the camera does add lbs. I did know who Demi Lovato was though and she came over and was super friendly and we all talked and what-not. I told her I needed to take a picture w/ her so that I had proof for my niece Gwyneth (she loves her, she even wrote a report on her)that I had met her. She kiddingly told me she would only take it "if she could have my shoes." Yes, the same uncomfortable, but really cute shoes that I NEVER wear. After the concert we headed back to Ashlee's to call it a some-what early night. She had an audition the next day, plus had to perform at the Grammy party that night.

Saturday, Jan.30- Our goal on Saturday was to go to the Santa Monica Pier, make it to an audition for a car commercial for Ashlee, plus Ashlee be ready and at The Beverly Hilton Hotel by 8:00 for the Grammy party. Not a big deal, right? Well, as I've mentioned before, L.A. traffic is awful and I'll bet we spent a good portion of my trip in Ashlee's car talking/gossiping and staring at red brakelights in front of us. So, we get to Santa Monica and 3rd St. Promenade. I really liked it there. Sooo much shopping to do and places to eat! We studied menus like crazy trying to decide which restuarant to eat at. Finally we picked one and Jack came and met us. The food was ok, I was just mainly enjoying people watching and talking with Ashlee and Jack. We walked through a farmer's market. I was secretly hoping to see Tori Spelling there. It seems like she goes to them quite often on her show. Nope, no celebrity sightings there. :( We just spent the afternoon hanging out there, never making it to the pier on the otherside. Which was totally fine by me. So we rushed to Ashlee's audition and waited for maybe 45 minutes or so, and just when she was about to give up and leave so that she could go home and get ready to dance at the Grammy party, they told her she could go in. Good thing, cause she got it!! She probably thought I was bored at the audition, but honestly it was pretty interesting for me to see. I knew I recognized a girl there and couldn't put my finger on it for the longest time and FINALLY figured it out, she was on a show I had watched a long time ago, about the making of the next Pussycat Dolls:Girlicious...or something like that. Anyways, after that we got ready for the night and Ashlee dropped me off at Starbucks right by the hotel where the party would be. I was so close, yet so far away. Everyone was walking past me in their tux's and dresses. I was only a little jealous. ;)Unfortunately couldn't go, it's obviously pretty exclusive. So my cousin Katie and her boyfriend Michael came and picked me up. We went to a restuarant called Ketchup. I had seen it on The Hills. Lame, I know. It was REALLY good! And nice. We had some drinks at the bar and then sat at our table and caught up. Katie was friends with every waiter there pretty much. She said they were all from TX and that they were in acting classes with her. We had lobster mac n' cheese w/ white truffle and crab, mini hotdogs(awesome! I could have eaten 10) and then this sampler of 3 different types of fries and 5 different dipping sauces or ketchups. That was just appetizers. I then had a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. It was so nice to catch up with Katie and get to know her boyfriend Michael. So Katie, if you ever read this, thank you! :) After dinner, Ashlee came and picked me up and we headed to Jack's house to pick him and his cousin up. We all then headed to Wonderland, a new club that one of Ashlee's friends, Mike Boogie(who kept telling me I looked like Kristen Stewart, yuck!) co-owns. He's part of the Dolce Group w/ Ashton Kutcher. So we go in and sit at his table, or in Ashlee's case...dance, sorry but I wasn't about to dance with a bunch of professional dancers, haha. I would've just looked silly. Brandy and RayJ were there filming their new show a few tables down from us. Once we left there we headed back to Jack's and hung out and talked a bit before we went to bed. I ran into Joe in the kitchen at like 2am as I was trying to get a glass of water. He had just gotten in from the Grammy party. And then off to the office I went to sleep on my blow-up mattress. Contrary to Joe's thinking we all slept in Jack's room together, haha.

Sunday, Jan.31- I woke up to hearing someone singing up stairs...guess who? I got a free Jonas Bro. concert, haha. Anyways, I got my bags ready and took them upstairs to the front door, my time in L.A. was coming to an end. :( I said my "good-byes" to Ashlee bc she had to go and rehearse for Justin Timberlake's and Timbaland's video that she was doing the next day. Anyways, Jack was nice enough to take me to the airport. And then I was home-bound! Believe it or not, that was a summary, ok well maybe a little more detailed than a summary. I had such a great time and can't wait to return! So Ashlee, if you ever read this... THANK YOU so much for showing me L.A. the right way! :)

Some pictures...
(with Ashlee at the concert)

(with Katie at Ketchup)

(with Nick Jonas backstage after the concert)

(with Demi Lovato and Shorty of the Beat Freaks backstage)

after we ate dinner at Katsuya, this is Callie and I w/ Dr. Geek...thought we were taking a picture, don't mind my cheesy smile :)

Nick Jonas concert(we were in the very back by the sound board)

I just wanted to get a little of the music, so sorry it's just a black screen...

No comments:

Post a Comment