Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A few things I should have mentioned in yesterday's post...

Yesterday I wrote a post on a whim and really quickly. I later thought about a couple of things I should have mentioned. The first thing being that my grandmother, Bebe, passed away on January 22, 2010. She had gone into the hospital over something pretty minor, then one thing after another seemed to go wrong and before long we watched Bebe fade away. It was devastating, and particularly hard to watch my mom and 2 aunts pretty much dedicate any free time that they had to helping her to try to recover and in the end, just trying to be comfortable. It was a long, hard road and she fought for quite sometime, but her body just couldn't take it anymore and we(Cole and I) said our last "good-byes" to Bebe at the hospital on January 21st, knowing the end was near. I will say that I find comfort in the 3rd to last time I saw Bebe. She wasn't necessarily doing well, but she was talking and aware. She had requested that I come up to the hospital and I am so glad I did! She was in a good mood, it could've been due to the medicine, but whatever it was, it was nice to see her smiling. She was telling me how much she liked my purse and jacket, and that I was getting too skinny. She asked me about my upcoming trip to California. She was just so alert and more talkative than even her normal, healthy self. I sometimes think back and wish I had gone to see her more, especially taken Garrett over to see her more. She only lived 10 minutes away from me and we hardly ever just stopped by. Although, I guess it was back in October(right before she went into the hospital) Garrett and I stopped by and spent about an hour with her just talking and playing, just the 3 of us. So I will go ahead and dedicate this post to Bebe. She may not have been your typical lovey-dovey, sweet little grandmother, but she was a great grandmother. She was so supportive in all that we did and genuinely loved all of us(her kids and grandkids). She will be and is greatly missed. I will cherish the memories I have of her forever. RIP Bebe.


On that note, as I said before, Bebe passed away on January 22nd. It just so happens that that is my cousin Katie's birthday. Speaking of Katie, she is pregnant! Like my segue? Haha, not at all forced. :) Anyways, I'm not sure how far along she is just yet, but we are all excited to meet our new little member of the family. So congrats Katie, Chris and Landen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment