Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!

I will start out by saying that I had a great first Mother's Day! We got to sleep in a little because Kim had Garrett and then we met Cole's family for lunch at Chan's Mongolian Grill. It was really good and VERY filling. Afterwards we came home and Garrett gave me the best present ever... he took a long nap! Which meant that I got a long nap as well. :) Cole was very sweet all day, he kept acknowledging the fact that it was Mother's Day and I didn't need to do anything. He and Garrett also both got me cards and of course my ring that I have mentioned before. He cooked me whatever I wanted for dinner too. I picked chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and creamed corn(recipe below). SOOO good! Oh, and of course brownies and ice cream for dessert. I figured M-Day is a great excuse to splurge. haha. Whatever makes me feel better, huh!? Buster had a minor injury in the process, poor guy. He tends to stand right under your feet when you cook in hopes of getting anything that falls. Well, he definitely got splashed right on the head and ears with REALLY hot grease! Cole freaked out a little, he felt awful. But I am happy to say Buster seems to be doing ok today, other than his burnt looking hair. All in all it was a great day though!

Saturday I worked a little and then Garrett, my mom, my dad and I went and watched Cole play tennis in a tournament. Him and my uncle Chip were partners. They lost, but it was a good/close match. Garrett did really good. He started getting pretty "talkative" so my mom had to walk away from the courts with him. Saturday night me, Cole, my brother, and his g/f Trish went down to the Stockyards and had some drinks then ate at H3 Ranch. Cole and I had never been before. It was good, but definitely not my favorite steak place.

Cole sitting on a saddle/barstool at H3 Ranch



I have some really good news... we get to go to Cabo thanks to Taylor! Nothing is set in stone just yet, but we are getting all of the details worked out. So far it looks as though me, Cole, Taylor, Lance, Kellie, Scott, Sarah and Drew are going in early-mid July and staying in one of Taylor mom's friend's condo/suite/villa? I don't really know. All I know is it's going to be an absolute blast!

Creamed Corn
from Cole's Granny

-1 can regular sweet kernel corn
-1 can cream corn
-2 pieces of bacon
-butter(to taste)

Directions:
In a skillet cook bacon until crispy
Take bacon out of skillet and blot the grease off
Add both cans of corn to the skillet that has the bacon grease still in it
Crumble bacon and add to corn
Add butter(I think we added 1-2 tbsp.)
Let simmer for a bit(we did for about 30-45 minutes)

So simple and so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment